Friday 11 January 2008

See below....favourite author Jane Austen (for Book Meme Thursday)

How could I have forgotten about Jane Austen??? I can't remember how I discovered her, whether I read Pride and Prejudice first, or saw the Colin Firth version on tv, or if it was Persuasion, whether it was school reading or I picked it up for fun...I really can't remember.....but she is one of my all-time favourite authors and I have read all her books except Mansfield Park at least once, some many times.....the only reason I haven't joined the Jane Austen mini-challenge is that I haven't made myself, since I watch Persuasion and P&P and read the books every other year or so.

See the new little icon to the side? The one that says I am a kinda dorky nerd Queen? I love this! I couldn't resist...and even though I am computer-challenged at the best of times (so I don't qualify for dorky since I can barely get my computer to run), I thought i might still qualify as a nerd because of my love of sci-fi....and I was right! Cool, I get to be a queen, even if it is a Nerd Queen! That's ok, because while I don't own a light sabre (my ex-husband and eldest son do however....) I can quote from the original Star Treks!!! And we all know that reading is so nerdy it is cool (according to my own blog last month.....)! I think I am the only person who actually read the Star Trek Log books that came out, books one through 12,short stories based on the original Star Trek episodes. (I was desperate for anything new about Star Trek then, it was the mid 1970's so nothing new had come out for years.....) Yep, that's me!

Oh, and I forgot about Little Women by Louisa May Alcott......I don't know how many times I read this book growing up. I think I got this for a present......Jo was my heroine, she writes stories!!

Yikes, basically I love books! Ok, not all of them, but so many.......